Power electronics in electric vehicles
Power electronics are fundamental to electric vehicles. At the heart of these devices are semiconductors, commonly referred to as chips.
The purpose of this report
- To stimulate power electronics manufacturing growth in the UK
- Join up the supply chain, bringing synergies to build compound semiconductor supplies for UK electric
- Help select strategic projects in the UK that can increase innovation and supply resilience
- Identify strengths and gaps in the supply chain to focus industry and government efforts
- Provide recommendations to strengthen and build the UK’s compound semiconductor supply chain