Industry Technology Strategy
NMI supports members to do more and better R&D through collaboration and better access to public funding. We do this in two main ways:
Working with NMI members
- Direct 1:1 advice and assistance on tailored collaboration and funding support in Electronic Systems
- Workshops and activities around key research threads that are important to the community
- Making strategic and value-added connections between academia and industry at Regional, National and European level.
Influencing and Informing Fundholders
- Creating strong working links with fundholders in Innovate UK, BIS, EPSRC and the European Commission
- Helping to align public sector competitions and topics with the needs of the Electronic Systems industry to increase the relevance of, and opportunity for, funding.
The NMI contact is Dr. Alastair McGibbon, VP of Industry Technology Strategy.
- Advise you on the public sector funding opportunities (Regional, UK and European) that fit your business needs, and alert you when the opportunities arise.
- Make bespoke connections and introductions between you and other companies, Universities and Public Sector bodies that will help you develop your R&D activity.
When you hear from us as we work together, it will be specific, added-value information that fits your needs.
Networking with the Community
Partnering and relationship building is the cornerstone of effective collaborative R&D. We help to facilitate this by:
- Using our ‘birds-eye’ view across the community to identify the right partners and relationships for you at Regional, National and European level.
- Tying you into ‘research thread’ events and activities that focus on key technology areas of interest to the community.
On your behalf we will:
- Work with fundholders (such as Innovate UK and the European Commission) to understand what they are looking for so that you can best position your proposals for maximum chance of success.
- Let the fundholders know your needs and the needs of the community so that calls and competitions are better aligned to you.