The main motivation for introduction of this forum is based on the following:
- IC Packaging is becoming a key enabler to the growing fabless community in particular
- Package technology such as (SiP) can offer high density, high performance and low cost-per-function for microelectronics systems integration.
- Allows the mixing of optimum active and passive device technologies in bare die format within a single package outline for cost effective, high performance, short time-to-market functionality well matched to a wide range of low, medium and high volume electronics product applications.
- The addition of embedded passive component technology within such SiP modules also promises further performance, size, weight and cost benefits.
- HETROGENOUS Integration is based on IC Packaging technology development.
- Enable / facilitate collaboration, communication and knowledge transfer
- Increase awareness externally of the network’s capabilities and opportunities
- Signposting of UK capabilities, requirements and strengths.
- 2013, 6th June, “Cost effective thermal design”, IfM, Cambridge
- 2012, 23rd May, “3D Packaging”, TWI, Granta Park, Cambridge
- 2011 May 26th, TWI Cambridge,”Packaging Innovation: Choosing the right solution”
- 2010 May 25th, Lifting the hood on product design, TWI , Granta Park, Cambridge
- 2009 April 22, Astride the Packaging Roadmap, Cambridge
- 2008 June, Design for SiP, Cambridge
- 2007 June, System in Package, Cambridge
- 2006 June, Wafer Level Packaging, Cambridge
The Presentation materials from previous events are available to all NMI members in the member area of this website.