This workshop is aimed at engineers and managers who wish to learn about the opportunities and future potential of various technologies, techniques and systems emerging for the premium vehicle market.
The connected and autonomous car is a crucial element of the wider Intelligent Vehicle Transportation Network and the aspirational concept of ‘ubiquitous connectivity’ which is set to revolutionise the mobility ecosystem.
After attending the masterclass, participants will gain a basic understanding of challenges associated with Intelligent Vehicles and the key role of emerging vehicular communications.
Moreover, through the analysis of the principles and theory of the operation of wireless data communication systems, group exercises and case studies, they will be aware of the state of the art and on-going research in this field.
- Introduction to the connected car, communication systems, the spectrum and its usage
- Signal degradation & channel capacity and impacts on vehicular communications
- Analog and digital Modulations
- Multiple access technologies & Cellular communications
- LTE, 5G, 5G evolution and vision on 6G
- V2X, future challenges for SCAV
This workshop will be delivered as a mixture of theoretical and practical sessions, online via MS Teams.