PowerElectronicsUK: Thermal Management Workshop
September 21 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Thank you to our Host:
Market requirements for power electronics and RF power devices are driver higher power densities and the need to operate in higher temperature environments. As a result, thermal management of devices and systems is a key design and manufacturing challenge.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together the power electronics and power RF communities to discuss trends and directions in device and systems thermal management to encourage best practice and the development of new supply chain collaborations in R&D.
Topics within scope include:
- The integration of new high performance materials into systems for thermal management and harsh environment performance.
- Active cooling and thermal management designs and configuration in power electronics and power RF systems
- Passive cooling mechanisms and designs.
- Thermal modelling and characterisation
10:00 Registration, Coffee & Networking
10:30 Welcome and Introduction
– 3M & PowerElectronicsUK
10:50 “Immersion Cooling In Power Electronics”
– Reyad Abdulqader, 3M
11:15 “Low-Cost, High-Performance Integrated Liquid Coolers for Power Electronics”
– Mark Johnson, University of Nottingham
11:40 “Characterization and Modelling of RF/Microwave Power Transistors”
– Professor Peter Aaen, University of Surrey
12:05 “Model Calibration in FloTHERM”
– Zoltan Sarkany, Mentor Graphics Mechanical Analysis Division
12:30 “Research & Innovation Funding Opportunities”
– Georgios Papadakis, Innovate UK
13:00 Lunch, Networking & Facility Tour
14:45 “Thermal Management Challenges for Power Electronics Systems”
– Steve Riches, Tribus-D
15:10 “Electro-Thermo/Mechanical Modelling of Power Electronics Systems”
– Dr Hua Lu, University to Greenwich
15:35 Event Close
Exhibitor and Sponsorship Opportunities
For more information on Exhibitor or Sponsorship Opportunities, please contact Rachel Palmer.