- This event has passed.
Power Electronics Conference: Power Electronic Systems for Smart Cities & Green Transport
4th June 2015
This conference brings together both Business and Academic strengths in the discipline of Power Electronic Systems exploring opportunities to enable and underpin Green Transport and Smart Cities.
Power Electronic Systems are at the heart of modern Transport and future Smart Cities. New and innovative enabling technology is becoming increasingly important in achieving Government low carbon targets, reduced congestion and increased productivity. We are delighted to announce that the University of Strathclyde will be our host at the new Technology and Innovation Centre (TIC) in the heart of Glasgow which looks to develop and build on business and academic strengths in the area of Power Electronic Systems.
Registration 09:00 – 09:45
- University of Strathclyde, Professor Scott MacGregor
Technical Themes covered include Renewable Energy, Smart City Infrastructure, Intelligent and “Green” Transport with speakers from companies and organisations including:
- University of Strathclyde – PNDC (Power Networks Demonstration Centre)
- Siemens – Energy enabling Smart Cities
- Institute for Future Cities – Smart City developments
- NMI – UK Power Electronics Strategy update
- Nottingham University – Power electronics integration
- Advanced Propulsion Centre – Activity updates
- Ricardo – More Electric Powertrains
- UTC Aerospace Systems – More electric aircraft
16:10 Event Close
This event is free to NMI Members.
Tickets cost £150 +VAT for Non-Members
If you are interested in sponsoring the event, please get in contact with Paul Jarvie.
There are two recommended Car Parks near the venue: