AIXTRON is a leading provider of deposition equipment to the semiconductor industry. The Company’s technology solutions are used by a diverse range of customers worldwide to build advanced components for electronic and opto-electronic applications based on compound, silicon, or organic semiconductor materials, as well as Carbon Nanotubes (CNT) and other nanomaterials. Such components are used in flat panel display applications, solid state lighting, organic semiconductor devices such as OLED, OPV, and OTFTs, for functional polymer thin films, energy harvesting and storage, fibre optic communication systems, wireless and mobile telephony applications, optical and electronic storage devices, computing, signalling and lighting, as well as a range of other leading-edge technologies.
AIXTRON’s product portfolio for compound semiconductors includes:
- MOCVD Equipment (Metal Organic Chemical Vapour Phase Deposition) for deposition of GaAs, InP and GaN based materials for electronic and optoelectronic applications
- OVPD® Equipment for OLED display, OLED lighting, and organic semiconductor solutions
- PVPD(TM) Equipment for carrier?gas enhanced vapour phase in?situ polymerization for functional films
- ALD Equipment (Atomic Layer Deposition ) for Logic, DRAM, NVM, Flash and MIM applications
- CVD and PECVD systems for the deposition of Carbon Nanotubes and Nanofibres and combinations thereof for advanced hybrid structures
AIXTRON’s UK operations specialise as a Technology Centre for MOCVD Equipment based on Close Coupled Showerhead® technology. This area of expertise is core to the groups’ high volume, state of the art MOCVD production systems. Demand for such systems are driven by the increasing adoption of LEDs for lighting applications, GaN power electronics and other technologies. Lab-scale MOCVD systems are also designed and manufactured in the UK, which are designed for leading compound semiconductor research customers around the world. Additionally, the Nanoinstruments team specialises in the design, development and manufacture of CVD systems for the deposition of CNT and graphene.