Texas Instruments (TI) has retained ATREG Inc., a Seattle-based global advisory firm specialising in the disposition and acquisition of infrastructure-rich manufacturing assets, to facilitate the sale of its operational 200mm / 150mm fab located at Earnhill Road, Larkfield Industrial Estate in Greenock, Scotland.
The facility may include a multi-year supply agreement, allowing the buyer to generate revenue during product qualification and production ramp. TI’s Greenock engineering team has extensive process conversion experience, including product migration from 150mm to 200mm. The 23-acre site includes surplus land that could be utilized for future expansion.
The fab is automotive qualified and represents a particularly attractive acquisition opportunity for companies producing performance-critical power components and complete power systems used in the automotive market.
- Capacity: 21,666 wafer starts / month based on the fab’s current product mix
- Products: Power management, lighting, thermal management, and amplifiers
- Four buildings offering approx. 318,782 sq. ft. located on 23 acres,
- with surplus land for expansion
- Cleanroom: Combined ballroom and bay-and-chase configuration spanning 82,226 sq. ft. (Class 1 – 10,000)
- Tools: 269 well-maintained front-end tools currently running 150mm and 200mm production (7.0 μm – 0.7 μm)
- Workforce: 321 people with extensive process conversion experience
- Process technologies: BiCMOS, DMOS, CMOS, Metal Gate CMOS, Poly Gate CMOS, BiPolar
- Certifications: ISO / TS16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
- Potential local incentives: Lowest corporate tax rate in the G8 (20%) and other possible financial incentives
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
To request a copy of the offering brochure, please email Muriel Guilbert at ATREG.
For technical questions about the facility, please email Saif Khan at ATREG or call +1 206 268 7808