Design for Manufacture
MotivationThe main motivation for this network is based on the following:
- Changing market dynamics and economics of production
- Common issues faced in advanced technology nodes (Dfx)
- NPI vs. ROI – the economics are getting tougher.
- There is a need for increased collaboration between all stakeholders
- Enable / facilitate collaboration, communication and Knowledge transfer
- Challenge the way of working to embrace new technology nodes.
- Increase awareness externally of the network’s capabilities and opportunities
- Signposting of UK capabilities, requirements and strengths.
The Presentation materials from previous events are available to all NMI members in the members area of this web site.
- 2014 Mar, “Chip Test Efficiency – a losing battle?”, MTC Ansty
- 2012 Dec, “DfX for advanced CMOS”, Cambridge
- 2011 Nov, “Fit for Manufacture”, Bath
- 2010 Nov, “Managing Test Cost & Quality” , Bristol
- 2009 Nov , “Application Aware: Challenging DfM Conventions”, ST/ST-Ericsson, Bristol
- 2009 May, ICCV09 ( International Conference on CMOS Variability)
- 2008 Oct, Designing for Test ( DfT) , Cambridge
- 2006 Oct, The changing face of DfM, Southampton
- 2005 Nov, Design for Manufacturing, Swindon